Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A New Day

What does the new year mean to you?

do you look at it as a time to reflect on the past year
your accomplishments ~ things that made you smile
and things that broke your heart?

or do you see a fresh new page
this is your story ~ your life
do you want to make some changes
be the change ~ make things happen?


I do a little of both....

when I look back at the last year I see that I only posted 35 times
wow ~ not like me at all
I did take a step back from blogging ~ I always said that if it felt like work
I was not going to do it 

but I missed it
I blogged the important things


documented celebrations like Katrina's prom and graduation
time spent with Gina and the boys
my God daughter ~ Jillian's wedding 
my trip to Toronto to celebrate my fav Aunt & Uncle's anniversary


I absolutely love this picture of Gina and I!

and then some sad times too
my FIL ~ Lee's passing and losing a friend to violence



so when I look back on 2014
it was a year of uncertainty but we came out the other side
and the sun is shining ~ we adjust to the new normal

we pack up the tinsel and the baubles and the bows

clean the slate ~ pull out the new box of crayons
and make it happen

I have not picked a word
I have not made any resolutions
I have not yet set any goals
we are going to take each day ~ one day at a time
and live it ~ love it ~ be thankful for it

Thank you for being there for me throughout the year
I so love this community and the people I have met through blogging

Cheers to 2015!


Post a Comment

0 Comments