Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Classics Club Spin #27


The latest Classics Club Spin has been announced. I have chosen twenty books from my classics list. I did make some changes from the previous spin, to have more short books on the list. Since I am currently reading books from my 20 Books of Summer list, it could be hard to work another book in, but I do need to read a book from my Classics List, so I am going to take part if possible.

On Sunday 18th July, 2021, the Classics Club will post a number from 1 through 20. The goal is to read whatever book falls under that number on my Spin List by 22nd August, 2021.


So, here is my list of 20 books for the spin.


  1. Things Fall Apart (1958) by Chinua Achebe   [209 pages]
  2. The Talented Mr. Ripley (1955) by Patricia Highsmith
  3. Rebecca (1938) by Daphne du Maurier  [410 pages]
  4. The Sign of Four (1890) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 
  5. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes  (1892) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  6. Their Eyes Were Watching God (1937) by Zora Neale Hurston 
  7. The Quiet American (1958) by Graham Greene   [180 pages]
  8. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (1940) by Carson McCullers
  9. The Wind in the Willows (1908) by Kenneth Grahame 
  10. A Wrinkle in Time (1962) by Madeleine L'Engle
  11. Beast In View (1955) by Margaret Millar
  12. The Moviegoer (1961) by Walker Percy   [200 pages]
  13. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964) by Roald Dahl
  14. My Ántonia (1918) by Willa Cather
  15. Goodbye to Berlin (1939) by Christopher Isherwood
  16. Dracula (1897) by Bram Stoker    [420 pages]
  17. Fahrenheit 451 (1953) by Ray Bradbury
  18. The Postman Always Rings Twice (1934) by James Cain
  19. The Invisible Man (1897) by H.G. Wells
  20. We Have Always Lived in the Castle (1962) by Shirley Jackson


Post a Comment

0 Comments