As I look outside my window: It is dark outside now, but earlier today it was a perfect Arizona fall day - blue sky, white clouds, temperatures in the 70s. The weather for the rest of the week is looking good as well! Update - shortly after I wrote this, I heard what sounded like thunder. Hubby said no, it was simply someone taking their garbage out - but then the rain started and it is now pouring!
Right now I am: Doing a blog post having finished the last assignment for my current online class on autism. I start a new class on Friday - topic - teaching math to students with disabilities - the perfect topic for an English teacher.
Thinking and pondering: About a busy week ahead and my children and their individual needs at this time in their lives. Also thinking about a conversation I had earlier this evening with my birth mother who called for a chat, as well as all the interesting, frustrating, entertaining and even bizarre things that go on in a high school classroom over the course of the day. Just when I think I've heard/seen it all, I hear/see something new.
On my reading pile: A book my son just finished and passed along to me - Between Heaven and Ground Zero by Leslie Haskin. It is the eye witness account of the attack on the World Trade Center by a business woman who was on the 35th floor of Tower 1. Josh is not a very avid reader at this point in his life and when he does read, it is usually a non-fiction book that he chooses. When he makes a recommendation to me, I read the book right away so we can discuss it and so that I can reinforce how great reading is. The last book he recommended to me was Let's Roll by Lisa Beamer. Josh has always been interested in reading about what happened on 9/11/2001. I think it's because this the events of this day are some of his earliest significant memories - much like I remember the day John F. Kennedy was shot.
On my computer: familysearch.org is my new internet obsession. Maybe obsession is the wrong word, but I think it is mighty interesting to see who and what is on my family tree. I've been interested in family history for years and have done some research but this complete free sight takes genealogy research to the next level by connecting research from multiple sources. I found one branch of my family that is documented clear back to the 1300s in Norway. Other lines of both my husband and my family go back to the 1600s. For me, this is fascinating.
On the menu this week: We had breakfast burritos tonight. Tomorrow will probably be leftover lasagna. Another night will be slow cooker beef and mushrooms. I'm not a huge menu planner, but we manage to get by and have a fairly nutritious, home cooked meal most evenings.
On my TV: The only thing I have watched today is Joyce Meyer's program this morning and Judge Judy as I was cooking dinner tonight.
On my to do list: laundry, ironing, cleaning, starting a new online class at the end of the week.
Simple pleasure: Evening walks with my hubby and spending time on familysearch.org.
Looking around the house: Josh is playing a video game and hubby is working on progress reports for his students. It will soon be time to call it a day.
Lesson this week: Do what you can and let God do what we can't, in His time.
From the camera: Some pictures from the weekend.
Friday Night Lights - our team was totally outgunned in this last game of the season. The other team was bigger and better.
The cheerleaders were still entertaining and I found out my son knows one of them - he met her at Especially for Youth at BYU a couple of years ago.
We left during the fourth quarter but the final score was 49 to 7 - not in our favor.
No matter - it was still a nice mother-son Friday night date.
Freshly planted fall gardens at the Temple grounds.
The results of Saturday afternoon yard work trimming palm fronds.
Scripture of the Day:
"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if you have love one to another."
---John 13:35



0 Comments