
Attention! You're Attention please! THIS IS A KOREAN VISITOR UPDATE!
My Bro-In-Law, KIM U Jin (AKA- Mr Fix-It, Mr Neversitstill) has returned to South Korea and I am proud to announce the following things have been fixed, altered, otherwise repaired, and or replaced...
At Our Home: Light fixtures replaced (three of 'em). One was single bulb type with a pull string. Cost? $3.99. The other two were fluorescent 4 tube jobs that went over the bar and in the laundry room. The old ones would take forever to light up and I am tall enough to tap on the sides of the fixture to get the tubes to light up. Cost? Zilch. I had them in storage from another business we used to own.
Mud hole at front entrance to home graded and filled with 3/4 of a yard of crushed rock. Drains good. Cost? $19 for rock.
Doorbell to front door replaced with a newer wireless one from Orchard Supply Hardware. This is the one that of course is made in China and chimes "jingle bells". I guess Orchard was all outta the one's that chimed "Happy Birthday to You"and "Here Comes the Bride". Stooopid stinkin' Commies! Cost? $29.99 + $4.99 for batteries.
At Our Store: 8 foot and 4 foot fluorescent tubes replaced. Please note that this is no easy task as some of these lights are like 16 feet up to the ceiling. I have two ladders in the store...one 11 feet high, the other is an 8 footer. How in the hell he got up to that height I can only guess and it scares the crap outta me. Click HERE. The wife won't tell me how he did it. I ain't asking. Cost? Around $75.
Replace ballast in one 8 foot light fixture. Cost $47.
Set up and anchor six large shelving units purchased from the bankrupt Mervyn's Department Store. Cost? $0 labor. About $7 of the bolts. ($300 for the six shelving units).
Re enforced a sagging shelf put up by crappy carpenter. Cost? $0.
Employee bathroom cleaned (yes he did that too!). Cost? $2.29 for Ajax.
I'm sure my Bro-In-Law did a lot more stuff but I can't remember it all. As far as the flight home... he is back in South Korea now and will be back on the job there shortly if not already working even as I type. I thought my Sister-In-Law was going home too but I was mistaken as she has entirely too much stuff... in what once was MY HOUSE... to clean, organize (as she see's fit), and hide away from me. I just love guessing where my stuff is now located. The house has never been cleaner, and she is a nice person, and a wonderful cook. I just have to learn to stay the hell out of her way to keep from getting trampled or elbowed to death when I'm in the kitchen with her. I think she was an All-Village Women's League Basketball star back home in Korea. Did I mention she's making kimbap for us today? I can deal with that looong time!!!

0 Comments