We are blessed with sunshine
and a temperature of 54 today.
What a marvelous way to start the
New Year :)
When I got up I started removing
some of our Christmas decor,
And replacing it with non-seasonal
objects.
Then I made one of our favorite
breakfast treats.
A big ten inch skillet
Dutch Baby.
We each had half :)
Steve had his with maple syrup,
but I choose marmalade.
Later I went outside and removed
half of our outside Christmas lights.
I hope the weather holds for a
few days, so that I can get it all done.
Wouldn't that be nice . . .
some years the weather is so bad
that we don't get them down until
March, LOL.
I've been hand-quilting
on my 35 year old quilt project.
I decided that I would add some
embroidery and embellishments
as I quilt it.
Back then I did my applique
by zig-zagging the edges.
Today I have learned how to do
a better finish . . .
so that is the reason why
I decided to add a few
special touched with the trims :)
Well, that's my New Year's post . . .
thank you for stopping by . . .
please leave a comment, I love reading them
and hearing your ideas and suggestions.
P.S. Before I go:
If you want this recipe . . .
I've had it for 40 years . . .
Do you have a special place for
your favorite recipes?
P.S. Before I go:
If you want this recipe . . .
I've had it for 40 years . . .
Do you have a special place for
your favorite recipes?
Keep Smiling!
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)














0 Comments