Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

nourishment


Dinnertime at our home could easily be confused with feeding hour at the zoo. Dave is usually still at work or on his way home and for that I am grateful - no man should be confronted with such shocking images after a hard day's work.

Through sheer desperation I have developed a routine of sorts which tries to ensure that we're all still loving each other at the end of the meal. Sometimes it even works.

* We say grace and each night we pray for someone who has a particular need (if you ever want to be included please let me know).

* Then we move onto best part/worst part of each person's day.

* Once the yelling has died down from that and providing no one has stormed off from the table, we then move onto question time.

* They insist I grab apples or mandarins and each time someone gets a question correct, they get a slice of fruit. If I don't use the fruit, for some reason it doesn't work, it all ends in tears.
W-E-I-R-D.

Visions of Pavlov's dogs usually run through my mind at this point. The hard part is that I have to think of the questions. Yikes! At the end of the day, I barely have enough brain function to feed myself, let alone construct thoughtful, age appropriate questions.

Then I happened upon this book at one of my favourite shops - The ABC Shop.



While it's too advanced for the little ones, Mimi & JD have a great time trying to work out the answers. Lucy and Missy Moo are absolutely convinced they know the answer and I usually team with them to try to work it out. Mr Magoo by this time is just doing laps of the table yelling out encouragement.



This is where the book sits every day, just waiting for us to pounce. Lord knows what I'll do when we run out of questions.

Here's one of them:

Two knights are fighting for the hand of the Princess. After many bouts of fighting, they are still even. In an effort to decide once and for all who the victor shall be, the King announces, "Knights! Ride by horseback to the furthest tower, whomever's horse arrives there last shall be named the victor." Both knights ran to the stables and then on horseback raced towards the tower as quickly as possible. How can you explain this strange behaviour?

Answer tomorrow......

Meredith xo.

Post a Comment

0 Comments