Have you ever driven by tourist attraction, once, twice, three times, passing it by without a thought, then suddenly stopped there on a whim ? Were you glad you did ?
Today Janet and I headed to the Bay of Fundy to explore the area around Wolfville, home of Acadia University.
After swinging off highway 101 at exit 10, we impulsively pulled into the parking lot at The Tangled Garden.
Never been there -- no idea what to expect.
Prior to entering the garden, we went into the store to pay the ridiculously reasonable, three dollar entry fee.
I could fill this post simply with images from that store, of drying herbs and flowers,
and glowing jars of pickled herbs. and exotic cordials.
I was quite taken by the light shining through the bottles and jars.
It was a feast for the eyes, and I should have guessed that it was a mere foretaste of the garden we were about to tour.
Care to buy a wax-topped bottle of liqueur ?
But the garden beckoned ... starting with the wisteria covered arbor,
then on to the potting shed.
I loved the idea of the arbor-covered, rectangular pond, complete with a contemplative seating area.
Incredible pieces of sculpture were scattered throughout the gardens.
The frilly poppies danced in the breeze on curved stems.
If you ever find yourself in the area,
make sure you put stop at The Tangled Garden at the top of your "must see" list.
And while your there, try a sample of their lemon-thyme or rose petal, ice cream.
And tell them Sybil sent you.

0 Comments