Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Wistful Wednesday: Friend to all

A long time ago during the summer there was a fire in a house over west of Ponsford.  It was a hot day…first I was sent for sugary drinks and ice water, then I pumped water out of the pond for the tankers.  I never made it near the house but I heard that there were newspapers and magazines stacked up all over in the house and that made putting out the fire quite difficult.  We were there for the better part of a day.

The elderly fellow that lived there moved into the barn.  I have often wondered “Didn’t he have family?”   After that we would see him on his tractor going to church.  Church must have been at least ten miles from his barn.  Even in the winter with the cold wind blowing he would be all bundled up and on his way to church.

He attended church faithfully.

Last week at the cemetery I saw his headstone.

Ray Hanson (2)

Someone put a tractor on his headstone.  “Friend to all.”

Blog Signature

Post a Comment

0 Comments