Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Shrimp with Tomato Sauce for a Quick Dinner

 
Friday evening, I came home later than expected (long day of running errands, no job yet) but still wanted to make shrimp for dinner. I had a bag of frozen, cleaned and deveined shrimp in my freezer; so all I had to do was defrost them in cold water for 2 minutes.

I found a recipe online at Epicurious called Greek-Style Shrimp. Being Greek-American, I thought I would try this recipe since the ingredients and preparation were similar to something my mom would make with fish (she would bake it though). I adjusted the ingredients and the preparation for my purposes, but you can check the link above for the original recipe (they use white wine, which I plan to add next time).

We enjoyed this dish and would make it again. Let me know if you liked it!


Shrimp with Tomato Sauce 
Ingredients
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 small onion, chopped
  • 1 14-oz can chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • 3/4 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
Instructions

In a skillet large enough to hold everything, heat the oil. 
Add the chopped up onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes until it becomes translucent. 
Add the tomatoes and sprinkle in the oregano, salt and pepper. 
Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. 
Add shrimp and stir until opaque and pink, 3 minutes. 
Try not to overcook the shrimp, or they will be rubbery. 
Serve with rice. 

Details
Yield: 2 servings

Post a Comment

0 Comments