Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

BEETROOT ADAI..

Hi All,

This week is full of Dosa week I think..Iam posting many dosa types that's too Adai varieties! Its nothing because this week I have adai batter so experimenting with it :).
I tried many varieties and whatever comes yummy I share with you and something goes wrong goes to recycle bin:(.Beetroot adai I made couple of days back when Arun and Ashley refused to eat their beetroot.So made into adai and served them ,now no other option they had and approved with a thumps up..Finally mission was a great success.
In hurry I clicked the pictures and here below the same for you too,

SERVINGS : 2 members.

INGREDIENTS :
Adai batter – 2 cups ( recipe link here).
Onion – 1 no ( big).
Curry leaves – a sprig.
Coconut grated – 2 tsp ( optional)
Beetroot – 1 no ( medium sized).
Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
Salt – 1/2 tsp ( or as required).
Oil – 1 tsp and for making dosa.


PREPARATION :
  1. Peel beetroot skin and grate them.Chop onions and curry leaves to small pieces.
  2. In a wide kadai heat oil , followed by onions , curry leaves and fry till golden brown.
  3. Then add grated beetroot , chilli powder,coconut, salt and fry in medium flame till beetroot is cooked soft.
  4. Remove from flame and mix it to adai batter and mix well.
  5. Heat iron skillet and spread 2 drops of oil , Take a ladle full of adai batter and pour it in middle of skillet and spread it to thin circle.
  6. Sprinkle few drops of oil over the boiling adai and boil in medium flame for few mins till the edges starting to turn brown.
  7. Now flip the adai using spatula to other side and boil for 2 more mins.
  8. Remove from flame and serve hot with your favorite sidedish.

NOTES :
  1. You can add onions directly to adai batter instead of adding to beetroot , but adding onions to beetroot and sauteing gives even mixture.
  2. Make the batter little thin as to give you thin and crispy adai.

    Try the below also,










Post a Comment

0 Comments